Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rley Elf First Car

2 posters

Go down

Rley Elf First Car Empty Rley Elf First Car

Post  N Clay Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:08 pm

My very first car was 1966 Riley Elf registration PMB 158D, which I drove for 4 years, I remember I sold vintage car enthusiast in 1979, I wonder if it is still on the road? I took this car to Germany in 1978, and drove it for a year there during one of the worst winters in memory. I remember it was such an unusual site there that it turned more heads than any other car on the road including Porches etc.

That winter I drove it over the Brenner Pass into the Italian Dolomites for a skiing holiday and over a pass that was covered in solid snow and ice on normal tyres without any snow chains because you could get any to fit the 145/10 tyres.

It was a brilliant experience! It taught me how to drive on snow and ice as I spent about three months driving on it throughout that winter.

Great memories!

All the best to the current owners of Elfs and Hornets.

Regards
Nick Clay

PS: Also if anybody is interested I have a spare boot lid in mint condition which for some reason I kept.

N Clay

Back to top Go down

Rley Elf First Car Empty Re: Rley Elf First Car

Post  TONYELF Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:48 am

Welcome to the Forum. Nice to have another "member" in Cheshire!

i have some one who is looking for a Riley diamond boot badge in good condition if you have one?
Tony
Admin
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rley Elf First Car Empty Badge

Post  N Clay Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Hello Tonyelf,

I don't have a spare badge but if you wanted to buy the boot lid you could take it off?

Regards
Nick Clay

N Clay

Back to top Go down

Rley Elf First Car Empty Re: Rley Elf First Car

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum