Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolseley Hornet Mk2 Registered July 1965

Go down

Wolseley Hornet Mk2 Registered July 1965 Empty Wolseley Hornet Mk2 Registered July 1965

Post  Elf Service Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:09 am

An interesting opportunity to own a very original Mk11 Wolseley Hornet with just 2 owners from new and just 27,000 miles on the clock.

The car was originally owned by an elderly lady living in Solihull West Midlands and she ran the car until 1986 when she was advised to stop driving due to failing sight. The current owner has had the car since 1986 and it was last on the road in 1988. He has realised that with many other more pressing projects, the Hornet needs to find a new home.

The car is two tone green (light green body with a dark green roof) the interior is light green with matching green carpet. The front seats have green tartan fabric tailored covers which look to have been fitted from new and still in very good condition. Dash, rear seat, seat belts, door cards etc. all look to be very good condition, showing only very little signs of wear.

The body work looks to be in very good solid condition with just a little a little rust to the bottom of the nearside "A" panel. Doors look to be totally rust free and the rest of the body appears to be in good condition with no previous repair work.

The car has Hydrolastic suspension which is still holding pressure, looks to be ok and the wheels still have 4 good 5.20x10 crossply tyres.

The underside looks to be solid with surface rust and may need some minor welding here and there but I didn't get chance to fully check it over. Rear subframe looks solid but again I didn't get the chance to have have a good look.

The car has been dry stored since 1986 and possibly since new but has suffered from minor surface rust blisters and will need a respray. Chrome work looks to be good and straight however the rear overriders have rotted through.

The hydraulics are totally shot and will need a complete overhaul.

The car is located just a few miles north of Birmingham.

The owner is looking for a figure around £2350.00

This car is totally original and unmolested and is an ideal project for someone looking for a relatively easy restoration project.

For more information including pictures please PM.

If I had more room and time, I would take it on but running 5 classic cars is more than enough.

Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down