Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

accuspark dizzy

4 posters

Go down

accuspark dizzy Empty accuspark dizzy

Post  psychobob Thu May 17, 2012 7:10 pm

has anyone tried an accuspark electronic dizzy? i've managed to thread one of the bolts that hold the cap on my standard one and the inside is going rusty anyway. the seem a lot cheaper than the standard dizzy so i'm a bit suspicious.
psychobob
psychobob

Back to top Go down

accuspark dizzy Empty Re: accuspark dizzy

Post  TONYELF Fri May 18, 2012 12:26 am

I got one some months back. A standard one I must add, not electronic.
The screws in the dizzy cap are made with a soft metal and the slots were not central and consequently,using the smallest screwdriver I have one side of the scre snapped off.
I ended up putting my old cap back on and the Elf seems to run quite well.The base unit seems ok.
A mate of mine recommend simons distributers. see link below. He has had several ofr all his cars in the past without any problem.
Tony

http://www.simonbbc.com/electronic-ignition-kits
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  humph Fri May 18, 2012 8:54 pm

I bought a simonbbc electronic kit to fit my existing dizzy cap as they came recommended. I have never got it to work though, because I'm stupid! I could be that my car has been converted to -ve earth and the wires are not exactly easily told apart. Got to get it sorted though.

humph

Back to top Go down

Post  psychobob Sat May 19, 2012 10:58 am

i've ordered the simonbbc powerspark one. my present dizzy uses a lucas sports coil, which i think is compatable with the powerspark. i'll let you lnow what happens!
psychobob
psychobob

Back to top Go down

Post  psychobob Sun May 27, 2012 10:59 am

the simonbbc powerspark works perfectly. it seems to have loads more power and has got rid of all the flat spots when you put your foot down. i dont think the advance was working on my old one as it had a lot of rust inside. it had been cutting out badly in the rain with the old one, so it will be interesting to see if that is cured when it stops being weirdly sunny outside! £59 delivered from ebay. can't go wrong!
psychobob
psychobob

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sun May 27, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks for the feed back Matey. Big Al has fitted elctronic to his and he hasn't complained yet !
I guess it must be working! Smile
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  psychobob Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:11 pm

works perfectly. no more misfire!! drove through some major floods recently, which put the dizzy completely under water! the only splutter was when the minisport air filter got soaked! a bargain. highly recommended.
psychobob
psychobob

Back to top Go down

accuspark dizzy Empty dizzy

Post  halfpenny68 Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:06 pm

just seen this thread i had a 23d4 accuspark dizzy unit with the electronic inners was pritty cheap compared to others and worked so gr8 had no troubles with it what so ever till i met with a lamp post hehe must get another

halfpenny68

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down