Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet my beloved Elf

2 posters

Go down

Meet my beloved Elf Empty Meet my beloved Elf

Post  asahartz Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Hello all, only just discovered this forum.

My name's Chris, and I've owned my Elf for eight years. It's my favourite car (and I have three other Minis and a VW camper!) Although it's on a G plate, it's actually a '67 car. And still an auto! though the fragility of those gearboxes means I now have a 1988 engine in there.

I restored the car completely not long after purchase, and in January 2004 it was runner-up in Practical Classics' Readers' Cars. Unfortunately, the need to use it for my daily commute (25 miles each way) for a couple of years has taken its toll, and it is now off the road again awaiting the fitment of a new rear subby (purchased, prepped, sitting in the shed). We decided that we might as well tidy up a few other bits where the tinworm has attacked again while we're at it. In fact, when we bought a new sofa at Christmas, I cut all the leather off the old one as it's the right colour to reupholster Elfie! Yes, like many leather-clad interiors, the front seats have now split.

The picture-story of my Elf can be found at my website.

One regret, though, is selling the other Elf I once owned, even though it wasn't as good as the one I kept - I still put a lot of time into it. I only sold it to make space, it being the only car that was ready to go at the time. See the picture-story of that one here.

Enjoy looking! I'll be around for a while I think... Wink
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Meet my beloved Elf Empty Re: Meet my beloved Elf

Post  patlink Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:54 pm

hi chris,
nice to see you here to

love the detailed pictures of your restore to the riley

hope to see you soon
pat

patlink