Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What colour is my car?

5 posters

Go down

What colour is my car? Empty What colour is my car?

Post  fivefootgranny Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:23 am

Have just purchased a 1968 Hornet to restore- last 20 years in a dry garage so have rust free shell!!! The body is white and the roof is blue- I have taken the engine out of the car and have cleaned the engine bay ready for painting. I need to know if possible what colour white I need to match the original colour, Hope someone has the answer. Fivefootgrannys hubby. Question Question Question

fivefootgranny

Back to top Go down

What colour is my car? Empty Re: What colour is my car?

Post  Red Riley Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:37 am

https://elf-hornet.forumotion.com/t730-colour-chart?highlight=color+chart

Looks like one of two choices: Snowberry White/Trafalgar Blue or Toga White/Trafalgar Blue.
I would say that in the range of whites, Snowberry is more toward yellow, whereas Toga is more toward gray/blue. Perhaps you can tell from an unexposed area like inside the boot.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cheleker Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Are the door seals a grey colour or uncoloured (black) rubber? If the former, and looking original to the car, the white colour is likely to be Snowberry. Black rubber = Toga white.

cheleker

Back to top Go down

What colour is my car? Empty What colour is my car?

Post  fivefootgranny Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Thanks for the quick replies about the paint- the car still has the original grey door seals so it looks like I have to find some Snowberry white. My next question is has anyone found a modern paint that matches Question Question Question

fivefootgranny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elf Service Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:02 pm

fivefootgranny wrote:Thanks for the quick replies about the paint- the car still has the original grey door seals so it looks like I have to find some Snowberry white. My next question is has anyone found a modern paint that matches Question Question Question

Jawel a local commercial paint supplier in the Midlands will mix any paint colour used on our cars, either as aerosol cans or cellulose paint ready for thinning. They have a computer based mixing system with all the BMC paints from the 60's. From experience, I have found the colour match far better than those available from the likes of Halfords etc. I'm sure there are other paint suppliers around the UK offering the same service. If you need any more infomation re Jawel, let me know.
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:15 pm

Elf Service wrote:
fivefootgranny wrote:Thanks for the quick replies about the paint- the car still has the original grey door seals so it looks like I have to find some Snowberry white. My next question is has anyone found a modern paint that matches Question Question Question

Jawel a local commercial paint supplier in the Midlands will mix any paint colour used on our cars, either as aerosol cans or cellulose paint ready for thinning. They have a computer based mixing system with all the BMC paints from the 60's. From experience, I have found the colour match far better than those available from the likes of Halfords etc. I'm sure there are other paint suppliers around the UK offering the same service. If you need any more infomation re Jawel, let me know.

My local paintshop (East London) also did the same for my damask red, definitely worth doing.
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  fivefootgranny Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks with the help ref paint for the Hornet- have found a supplier locally who sells it in cellulose or 2pack and mixed to original spec.

fivefootgranny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum