Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I could jump through the computer......

4 posters

Go down

If I could jump through the computer...... Empty If I could jump through the computer......

Post  RileyUSMan Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:38 pm

As many of you know I have my Elf for sale, Here are some A@@ Hole comments I got back from people reading my ad - obviously they are regular mini lovers.

If I could jump throught the computer and punch them I would love to.....

I wrote:

1968 Riley Elf Mark III – This is a VERY RARE car!!

First a little bit about Riley Elfs. They are a Mini car but NOT made by the well known Austin, Morris etc. Riley is it's own brand that made an upscale version of the Mini. Such upgrades were Upgraded Grill, Wood Grain Dash Boards and a trunk (or boot) in the back ETC. Riley and the other manufactures shared parts so many parts are still easy to find today.

Riley Elfs where NEVER imported into this country for sale. Austin and Morris Minis where. There were approximately 30,000 Elfs made from 1961-1969 and there are only about 800 Riley Elfs left in the world and only approximately 25 of them are in the United States, maybe less.

HERE ARE THE COMMENTS:

Why lie to make a vehicle seem more special than it is? Somebody might like a 'run of the mill' Mini with a trunk!

When this car was made the Riley name was just branding to justify charging a lot extra for very little...there was no separate Riley company.

1969 might have been the last year the name 'Riley' was used on a British car....the Riley car stopped being manufactured many, many years earlier.

Remove the deliberately incorrect information in your listing!

RileyUSMan
RileyUSMan

Back to top Go down

If I could jump through the computer...... Empty What a cheek.

Post  Coco_ChanElf Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:50 pm

I hope they appended their criticism of your advertisement with a list of their credentials since they clearly consider themselves experts. What rude, interfering busybodies! Evil or Very Mad
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

If I could jump through the computer...... Empty What a cheek.

Post  Coco_ChanElf Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:32 pm

*oops!*
Don't know how that posted twice. Guess it made me double grumpy!

Last edited by Coco_ChanElf on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

If I could jump through the computer...... Empty Re: If I could jump through the computer......

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:19 am

ditto!! Rolling Eyes
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

If I could jump through the computer...... Empty Re: If I could jump through the computer......

Post  RileyUSMan Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:47 am

I wish I had so much extra time that I could bother people about cars I dont want to buy!!

This fool won't go away here is his latest rant.....

FYI - Riley and Wolseley were originally independent companies that were swallowed up by BMC. Not long after this occurred the individual components made by each company were phased out. The cars you own are no more Rileys than they are Wolseleys.....they have the same mechanical components. It's was just a badging trick to retain the old customers of Riley and Wolseley.

A Riley made during the phasing out period in the 50s was called the Riley Pathfinder.....it was almost identical to the Wolseley 6/90, but at least it had the Riley 2 1/2 litre engine.
RileyUSMan
RileyUSMan

Back to top Go down

If I could jump through the computer...... Empty !

Post  Coco_ChanElf Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:44 am

Where did you advertise it to attract this level of 'interest'?!
Razz
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

Post  RileyUSMan Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:37 am

ebay affraid
RileyUSMan
RileyUSMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:48 pm

Just ignore the p.ick.
Obviously from the same school of cretin that cannot fathom the words "no buy it now price, will let the auction run" and then ask you if you have a buy it now price.

Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum