Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hornet/mini bonnet hinges

3 posters

Go down

hornet/mini bonnet hinges Empty hornet/mini bonnet hinges

Post  lester Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:33 pm

the hornet/elf has a tubular bonnet hinge while the mini has a flat one. Is the position of the bonnet hinge on the bulkhead the same between both? not had the two side by side but will a hornet elf bonnet fit straight on a mini? All will become clear once i have the answer.If it does look out for some interesting pics folks.

cheers lester Cool

lester

Back to top Go down

hornet/mini bonnet hinges Empty Hornet / Mini boot hinges :

Post  David2010 Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:22 am

lester wrote:the hornet/elf has a tubular bonnet hinge while the mini has a flat one. Is the position of the bonnet hinge on the bulkhead the same between both? not had the two side by side but will a hornet elf bonnet fit straight on a mini? All will become clear once i have the answer.If it does look out for some interesting pics folks.

cheers lester Cool

There is no possibility of fitting a Hornet boot/hinge to a Mini. Likewise a Mini boot/hinge arrangement wont fit a Hornet.
The Mini boot has external hinges fitted to the bottom of the boot. The Hornet boot is internally hinged and to emphasise
the difference even more the Hornet boot hinges are fitted to the top of the boot door.
Furthermore there is radical differences in the shape and size of the two boot doors.
Unless.......you are prepared for some serious redesign involving cutting / reshaping / panel-beating / painting.
David2010
David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

hornet/mini bonnet hinges Empty Re: hornet/mini bonnet hinges

Post  Red Riley Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:18 am

David2010 wrote:
lester wrote:the hornet/elf has a tubular bonnet hinge while the mini has a flat one. Is the position of the bonnet hinge on the bulkhead the same between both? not had the two side by side but will a hornet elf bonnet fit straight on a mini? All will become clear once i have the answer.If it does look out for some interesting pics folks.

cheers lester Cool

There is no possibility of fitting a Hornet boot/hinge to a Mini. Likewise a Mini boot/hinge arrangement wont fit a Hornet.
The Mini boot has external hinges fitted to the bottom of the boot. The Hornet boot is internally hinged and to emphasise
the difference even more the Hornet boot hinges are fitted to the top of the boot door.
Furthermore there is radical differences in the shape and size of the two boot doors.
Unless.......you are prepared for some serious redesign involving cutting / reshaping / panel-beating / painting.
David2010

Bonnet. clown
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:20 am

Doubt it will be a straight on fit, but as with all things Mini, if it can be done, it's likely been done. Anything is possible with a welder and enough fettling.
Case in point:
hornet/mini bonnet hinges Ado20bootedclubmanmay19
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

hornet/mini bonnet hinges Empty hinges

Post  lester Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:02 pm

thanks guys but it is the bonnet i am interested in not the bootlid! i have sorted it now i can use the mini ones and just repostion them.

cheers lester Cool

lester

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down