Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elf and Hornet covergirls on Irish Vintage Scene Magazine

+2
David2010
Coco_ChanElf
6 posters

Go down

Elf and Hornet covergirls on Irish Vintage Scene Magazine Empty Elf and Hornet covergirls on Irish Vintage Scene Magazine

Post  Coco_ChanElf Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Beautiful Elf and Hornet on the front of September 2011 issue of Irish Vintage Scene Magazine, plus interviews etc. with the owners inside.

http://www.irishvintagescene.ie/

Guess you could order copy from the website if you wanted?
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

Elf and Hornet covergirls on Irish Vintage Scene Magazine Empty Irish Vintage Scene Magazine

Post  David2010 Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:48 pm

As a subscriber to this Magazine, published monthly in Galway and now in its 5th year, I strongly recommend it to all Classic Car (&Truck
& Tractor & Motorcycle) lovers.
The " Cover Girls" issue (Issue No.64 September 2011) did indeed feature a fabulous front page Elf & Hornet photo plus a well researched
6 page article inside detailling with many colour photos two Irish Elfs (1967 & 1968) and two Irish Hornets (1968 & 1969).
This magazine can be ordered by phone: TEL : 00353-91-388805 or on the web www.irishvintagescene.ie
David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

Elf and Hornet covergirls on Irish Vintage Scene Magazine Empty Re: Elf and Hornet covergirls on Irish Vintage Scene Magazine

Post  Coco_ChanElf Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:07 pm

It is indeed a good issue - it's worth buying for the elf / hornet photography alone Smile

David we must meet up sometime and compare Elfs. I will pm you with my details.
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

Elf and Hornet covergirls on Irish Vintage Scene Magazine Empty Postage

Post  Coco_ChanElf Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:35 pm

It seem the international postage on these is very expensive when ordered directly, so if anyone wants one I will try to buy a few locally and post them out myself for just the cost of the mag. Let me know in a PM.
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

Elf and Hornet covergirls on Irish Vintage Scene Magazine Empty Re: Elf and Hornet covergirls on Irish Vintage Scene Magazine

Post  TONYELF Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:26 pm

I've been charged 10 Euros (£9.04) including delivery and after spending over 1K on paypal they have decided to query my 10Euro expenditure and have held the account awaiting repsonce from the Magazine ! so I'm in limbo at the mo! Evil or Very Mad
Coco- I doubt you can make the postage any cheaper!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elf and Hornet covergirls on Irish Vintage Scene Magazine Empty Oh no.

Post  Coco_ChanElf Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Sorry it's turned into such a palaver for you. See if you can cancel it and I will send it for you.
I don't have the mag with me but just weighed a similar looking one and it looked to be about €3. or £2.60.

ETA - I feel awful that your purchase from ROI has wigged out your PayPal account. No
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:56 pm

No worries, thats not your problem.Others have told me that Paypal can be a pain sometimes!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:07 pm

i tried to buy one online and it came up with something like "we're sorry but there are no shipping arrangements in place to deliver to your location"! i'll have to give 'em a call and ask if they'll send me one. good luck Tony
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Elf and Hornet covergirls on Irish Vintage Scene Magazine Empty All the newsagents are empty of them now

Post  Coco_ChanElf Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:24 pm

All the local newsagents have now sent all the September issues back and are now stocking the October issue. But I could order them from the magazine and post them on if they won't send you one.
Coco_ChanElf
Coco_ChanElf

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Big_Al_Smith wrote:i tried to buy one online and it came up with something like "we're sorry but there are no shipping arrangements in place to deliver to your location"! i'll have to give 'em a call and ask if they'll send me one. good luck Tony

I received an email from them asking if I wanted the Elf/Hornet issue as the next months copy was just about to come out. So make sure you mention the copy you want.

Paypal will be taking the money out of my account on Monday. (They temporarily suspended my account as I hadn;t used it for a while then suddenly I want a mag sending to my home address and they assume someone else has used my account to do it!!!!!)
The mind boggles.
This is the second time they have done this to me. A bit of a pain having to change my password and security question each time and then having to wait a few days until they switch the account back on agian but I suppose it is a good thing in one respect in as much they are watching out for you.

And Al I had no problem with the delivery address bit, where on Earth are you ? Very Happy

TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  humph Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:39 am

Big_Al_Smith wrote:i tried to buy one online and it came up with something like "we're sorry but there are no shipping arrangements in place to deliver to your location"! i'll have to give 'em a call and ask if they'll send me one. good luck Tony

I had exactly the same problem Sad I know Boris Johnson seems to think us folks in Liverpool are from another planet, but I hadn't realised this belief had spread to Ireland Laughing

Will have to get in touch with them.

humph

Back to top Go down

Post  cheleker Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:02 am

Same issue of the shipping problem...in this case to the U.S. E'd the magazine and got a message back from the editor that they had a website problem but had cleared it up. Tried, again. Got farther, but still no luck. E'd again.

cheleker

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Not received my copy yet folks Crying or Very sad
Maybe in tomorrows post?
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Copy on it's way today.
But only because paypal have been so stupid witholding payment and advising me to start a dispute????????
Problem solved now after a 20 minute phonecall!!! affraid
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum