Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HS2 Abutmnet Plate / Carb / Manifold

Go down

HS2 Abutmnet Plate / Carb / Manifold Empty HS2 Abutmnet Plate / Carb / Manifold

Post  Jono_h Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:25 pm

The only upgrade that has been done to Little Car in the last 42 years is a set of twin SU's, LCB and RC40. I'd been toying with the idea of changing back to a single SU, and having driven to Castle Coombe and suffering from intermittent fuel starvation on one carb, as well as the droning of an RC40 for 160 miles (I must be getting old!) - it's looking like a winter project.

Now I can pick up an HS2 and manifold from eBay pretty easily. The difficult bit seems to be the abutment plate that sits between the carb and manifold and holds the throttle cable. It's slightly different from the HS4 plate in that the mounting holes are at 12 and 6 'o' clock, rather then 10 and 4, and I don't think it has a leg on to which the return spring fits. I probably could modify an HS4 bracket, but I want it to be original.

So does anyone have such a bracket in stock? Or better still an HS2, plate and manifold all bolted together that I can bolt straight on?!

Ta,

Jono_h

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum