Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rare find I think

2 posters

Go down

Rare find I think Empty Rare find I think

Post  ritchiec Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Good eveing

We found an early Riley Elf. I suspect its a MK1 as it appears to have a 850cc motor with magic wand gear lever. The seats are full vinyl/leather. Sliding windows and metal window locks. No rust, completely original, dry suspension. The front has the normal seams, bumpers original with overriders. Wooden dash. What I can tell is this is a UK car, our local cars had Australian doors and never had the Boot and the square grill. It was one or the other.

Its been standing for 20 - 25 years. Can Anyone advise on what price this should fetch and whether it is collectable. I am a Mini collector and generally this would not be looked at. But the grill is starting to grow on me.

Cheers
Colin
South Africa

ritchiec

Back to top Go down

Rare find I think Empty Re: Rare find I think

Post  TONYELF Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:08 am

Welcome Colin, The car sounds as if it may be in good condition? No one can give you a price for S/Africa. Here in the UK it would probably be around £1500-£2500 ??
Let us know how you get on.
Tony

Last edited by TONYELF on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rare find I think Empty Colours and chassis numbers

Post  ritchiec Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:37 am

Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I spent the night trying to find more hard data. This car appears to have been sprayed red at some point. The old colour looks like the Mini Coopers surf blue (cyan/turquiose).

Can anyone advise on what colours Mk1's were painted and the start and end points of their chassis numbers?

A very interesting topic, thanks for all the help.

Cheers Colin

ritchiec

Back to top Go down

Rare find I think Empty Re: Rare find I think

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum