Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear bumper

4 posters

Go down

rear bumper Empty rear bumper

Post  rileyelf123 Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:35 am

hi im after a rear bumper, and the front chrome trim (above bonnet)for my 66 elf, no great rush its took along time to get it ready for paint and still along way to go just trying to get everything ready, does any body know if the front screen is the same as the later mini? No

rileyelf123

Back to top Go down

rear bumper Empty Re: rear bumper

Post  catmint Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:56 am

yes the front screen is the same as a mini

catmint

http://www.catmint.biz

Back to top Go down

rear bumper Empty Windscreen and Windscreen scuttle bright trim

Post  Elf Service Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:42 pm

Although the front screens on Minis and their derivatives are all the same regardless of age, the glass thickness varies depending on if it is the later laminated (MPI Mini) standard laminated or simply an old toughend screen. Not much of a problem but you need to make sure you have the correct windscreen rubber for the screen. There are universal screen rubbers on the market and if using one of these, we aware they can leak. This can cause damage to the wooden dash and cause rust problems around the scuttle area (very common on later Classic MPI Minis and expensive to repair).
Re the bright trim, I have a few I'm willing to sell but these will need re-chroming if you are preparing a show winning car.
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

rear bumper Empty Bumper

Post  DyNoRod Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:48 pm

I have a back bumper, but it does have a few dings and a little dent and it would need to be re chromed - I decided not to use it, as I found a better one - but thats not to say someone else wouldnt.
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  rileyelf123 Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:46 am

Elf Service wrote:Although the front screens on Minis and their derivatives are all the same regardless of age, the glass thickness varies depending on if it is the later laminated (MPI Mini) standard laminated or simply an old toughend screen. Not much of a problem but you need to make sure you have the correct windscreen rubber for the screen. There are universal screen rubbers on the market and if using one of these, we aware they can leak. This can cause damage to the wooden dash and cause rust problems around the scuttle area (very common on later Classic MPI Minis and expensive to repair).
Re the bright trim, I have a few I'm willing to sell but these will need re-chroming if you are preparing a show winning car.

its definatley not a show winner just a run around saved from the scrappy, it should be presentable but to many problems for a minter

rileyelf123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum