Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaton Mini Centre, low milage engine

4 posters

Go down

Leaton Mini Centre, low milage engine Empty Leaton Mini Centre, low milage engine

Post  SteveP Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:16 am

I spoke with Danny at Leaton Mini Centre several months back regarding a low milage, "Mini" engine, that would work well in my Elf as a fast, yet somewhat comfortable road car. He sold low milage engines on Ebay and was willing to ship to the US. Their phone # is now "out of service". I'm wondering if anyone here knows if they're still in business and also a good source for a low milage engines that would work in a Mni.

Thank you, Steve

Last edited by SteveP on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
SteveP
SteveP

Back to top Go down

Leaton Mini Centre, low milage engine Empty Mini Engines

Post  Red Riley Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:25 am

Steve,
I'm sure you could find a good motor closer to home, or have yours rebuilt to make it more US friendly. Have you tried looking on Mini Mania or Seven Enterprises websites? There's also a place in Costa Mesa called Heritage Garage that would be closer to where you are. There are lots of other places in the states that could hook you up without the hassle of shipping from overseas.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Leaton Mini Centre, low milage engine Empty Re: Leaton Mini Centre, low milage engine

Post  TONYELF Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:31 pm

SteveP wrote:I spoke with Danny at Leaton Mini Centre several months back regarding a low milage, "Mini" engine, that would work well in my Elf as a fast, yet somewhay comfortable road car. He sold low milage engines on Ebay and was willing to ship to the US. Their phone # is now "out of service". I'm wondering if anyone here knows if they're still in business and also a good source for a low milage engines that would work in a Mni.

Thank you, Steve

This garage is not far from Chester and it's engines on ebay seem to sell well. as far as I am aware it is still trading.
I agree with Red Riley a more local garage would be better for you, especially in view of the shipping charges to the States. Anything wrong you can take it back!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Leaton Mini Centre, low milage engine Empty Re: Leaton Mini Centre, low milage engine

Post  SteveP Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:53 am

Thank you for the replies. The rebuilt engines here start around $5000, some need auxiliaries, "Carb, exhaust, cooling, ignition and charging systems not included" !!! That'll take me up to over $6000 with shipping. I would hope I could get a low milage engine in good condition for $1000-1500, and $500 should be more than enough for shippping. That's $2000 vs $6000+. Not being able to return the engine if a problem arises is a concern , but I guess it's a calulated risk, hopefully reduced if the source is reliable.

If you know of any reliable sources for low milage, used engines, in good condition, please let me know.

Take care, Steve
SteveP
SteveP

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:07 am

Steve,
If you keep an eye on the classified sections on the various Mini forums, Mini Mania Forum, Sunshine Minis, British Car Forum, used engines do come up for sale periodically. I just sold a 998 motor last week. I don't have any more right now, unfortunately. Mini Tec also occasionally has used engines.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:42 am

SteveP wrote:If you know of any reliable sources for low milage, used engines, in good condition, please let me know.

Steve, Check this thread on the Mini Mania forum: Engines for sale
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  freda Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi steve

I was down at the Leaton Mini Centre's premises earlier today trying to see if they could give me a quote for some bodywork. I can report that they are still trading, although I was told that they've taken on a new business partner and the business is no longer 100% mini oriented and they don't do their own bodywork but contract it out to a nearby company. It seems that Danny buys up minis, strips them down for the parts, and sells them on the internet.

Hope this helps.

Freda
freda
freda

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveP Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Thank you again for the replies.

Freda, any chance you could get me thier current phone number or email address , the phone number I'm using isn't working.

Steve
SteveP
SteveP

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Steve, check the link below. Is it the same Number?

http://www.touchshrewsbury.com/business/list/bid/3753309
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveP Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:31 am

Tony, that's the number I was trying. I'll try again. I probably wasn't dialing right. Usually I don't have any trouble dialing the UK numbers from the US so I'll give it another try.

Thank you, Steve
SteveP
SteveP

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:10 pm

You're Welcome! Smile GoodLuck with your search
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum