Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ernie's Breakdown

Go down

Ernie's Breakdown Empty Ernie's Breakdown

Post  Bryanthemercman Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:10 pm

July 2021
Ernie let me down badly would not select 3rd & 4th gears on the way home. Moved Ernie to a former work colleagues garage who himself owns a 1275 Mini. Engine/Gearbox removed and discovered that the internal speedo drive had broken up.
Found a replacement 4 synchro box and gearchange on eBay and this will now be fitted and as the timing chain was rattling it was decided to convert the chain drive to a Timing Belt for a more quieter and more accurate timing of the engine.

On a lighter note I have had an offer to sell of £25,000 so I think I need to up my insurance cover.

September 2021
Due to holidays and parts issues "Ernie" is due to leave the garage the end of this week 11/09 The pictures show the timing belt conversion and a typical rod change installation to replace a "magic wand" gearchange. A blanking plate is available for the original gear selector position. The idler gear from my old gearbox were machined to be fitted along with my 3.44 diff assembly to transfer to the replacement "A+" gearbox this was necessary as the gearbox came from a mini fitted with 12" wheels and to match my 120MPH speedo. If you need any information on the conversions please e-mail me for details.

Ernie's Breakdown Whatsa10
Ernie's Breakdown Hlgfh910
Bryanthemercman
Bryanthemercman

Red Riley likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum