Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lowering a elf

3 posters

Go down

lowering a elf Empty lowering a elf

Post  trikevw Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:50 pm

is it possible to lower a elf slighly as it sits a bit high ,its on hydrolastic suspension,also could do with stiffening it a little it s a bit boaty..thanks

trikevw

Back to top Go down

lowering a elf Empty Re: lowering a elf

Post  Zef Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:32 am

Yes it's possible....It's in the Vizard book. Basically you need to remove a small amount of material off the trumpet (or hydro equivalent). I'll dig out the book in a bit and post what it says.
Zef
Zef

Back to top Go down

Post  Zef Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:46 am

Right according to Vizard.

Lowering can be achieved either by reducing the hydro-elastic pressure or by shortening the knuckle locating the strut end in the displacer unit or a combination of both.Reducing the Hydro-elastic pressure will soften the ride, but it may be more desirable to lower by machining the relative parts front and rear.

I've edited that for brevity. Basically if it was my car I'd increase the pressure to stiffen the ride and shorten the relevant parts.

From the book you can take 200 thou from the front knuckle or displacer unit and 300 thou from the rear strut. Doesn't state how much lower this would make your car though.
Zef
Zef

Back to top Go down

Post  1071kev Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:48 pm

After you've completed these mods get in touch with Minispares and fit a front shockabsorber kit

http://www.minispares.com/Product.aspx?ty=pb&pid=34788&title=

and a pair of rear competition bump stops

http://www.minispares.com/Product.aspx?ty=pb&pid=34221&title=

you won't need the front bump stop kit as the shockabsorbers take care of the front end.

Then enjoy the ride!

1071kev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum