Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello this is an enquiry about a Riley Elf Mark 3 ??Arianca Beige/Pale Ivory-fawn Brown??

5 posters

Go down

Hello this is an enquiry about a Riley Elf Mark 3 ??Arianca Beige/Pale Ivory-fawn Brown?? Empty Hello this is an enquiry about a Riley Elf Mark 3 ??Arianca Beige/Pale Ivory-fawn Brown??

Post  Combrew Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:18 pm

Hello we have been looking for some time for a Elf or a Hornet and have been looking here for a few months for information

We are looking at a 1965 Riley Elf tomorrow it is a dark Brown with an Ivory/Cream roof and a red interior would this be the Arianca Beige?? or Fawn Brown was there a Darker Brown it doesnt look as it has been resprayed in recent times can anyone hepl or offer any thoughts plase
Many thanks

Combrew

Back to top Go down

Hello this is an enquiry about a Riley Elf Mark 3 ??Arianca Beige/Pale Ivory-fawn Brown?? Empty Re: Hello this is an enquiry about a Riley Elf Mark 3 ??Arianca Beige/Pale Ivory-fawn Brown??

Post  Elf Service Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:42 am

Welcome to the club.

Fawn Brown is quite dark but was only introduced towards the end of Elf production in 1968/69 so if your car is a 1965 model then the car must have had a respray at some time. Arianca Beige is quite pale and was certainly a colour option available in 1965. Hope this answers your question.
Good luck with your viewing tomorrow.

Andrew
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

Hello this is an enquiry about a Riley Elf Mark 3 ??Arianca Beige/Pale Ivory-fawn Brown?? Empty Re: Hello this is an enquiry about a Riley Elf Mark 3 ??Arianca Beige/Pale Ivory-fawn Brown??

Post  discoman41 Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:31 am

Hmmm.... sounds very much like a respray at some stage if you say it's a dark brown. A 1965 Elf (mk2)did not come in a dark brown option, it did come in Arianca Beige (BG13) but that is a very lighter brown, more sandy coloured.

Fawn brown (RD24) was an option for the Mk3, with a Pale Ivory (YL1) roof and Cardinal Red interior. But I'm pretty sure Fawn Brown is not particularly dark either?

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Hello this is an enquiry about a Riley Elf Mark 3 ??Arianca Beige/Pale Ivory-fawn Brown?? Empty re Guiness colour Elf

Post  Combrew Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:50 am

Many thanks for your welcome and the information re the colour i shall have to investigate a little further re dates and under trim etc to look at the respray issue am taking additional eyes too and will report back!!
many thanks again

Combrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Elf Service Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Good luck with your viewing.

I owned a 1969 MG 1300 saloon many years ago and this was Fawn Brown. From memory it was a deep rich brown but not as dark as the famous Irish Stout. From a distance, the colour could have been mistaken for Damask Red.
British Leyland introduced a lighter replacement called Russet Brown during the 70's which was quite popular with Marina, Allegro Princess models etc, not my personal choice but were are talking about the 70's. Fawn brown was very attractive and suited the up market BMC models of the day.
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:23 pm

You might find this useful; I found it from a post Tonyelf put in Miniaddicts some time back: 64-67 colour chart
It doesn't list all the colours as it's a US site, but still one of the best I've seen. Fawn Brown isn't on there; I'm pretty sure that's the colour my Elf was originally, same colour as Shifty Seamus' Elf, which I describe as "the colour of cold coffee" (which is why I painted my car red!) I can't find any other picture info to confirm fawn brown; it was only used for Elfs AFAIK, not Minis, though I have a vague recollection it was also used on some larger Farinas. One person who would know for sure is Eduard Preiswerk, as his Elf was originally fawn brown too.

Here's my car when I first got it back in 2001:
Hello this is an enquiry about a Riley Elf Mark 3 ??Arianca Beige/Pale Ivory-fawn Brown?? Elf9s
(It's a '67 car though it wasn't registered until '69).

Last edited by asahartz on Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:30 am

Fawn Brown (RD24) was a Riley colour, definitely not a Wolseley colour, but it was only an option on the Mk 3 Elf, not Mk1 or 2

Jase

Last edited by discoman41 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Hello this is an enquiry about a Riley Elf Mark 3 ??Arianca Beige/Pale Ivory-fawn Brown?? Empty re inquirey re colour

Post  Combrew Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:13 pm

well i must have misheard the age it was first registered in Sept 68 so that ties in with the fawn brown colourt im going to apply for a heritage certificate to confirm it.
Its basically in very good condition a bit of an oil leak the chrome is ok aprt from an overrider ,the boot badge has lost its blue and it would benefit from the seat covers being replaced or upholstered but we are delighted with our new veicle to add to the fleet !!
Thanks again for your advice

Combrew

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Can you post us a pic when you have one?

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  DirkWegman Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:12 pm

is it true that the Fawn brown cars are not produced in a big scale of order? A friend of me told me that a friend of him who worked at the Plant in those days none of the productions cars where that colour but it was a Option color. Mostly chosen by managers etc.

can anyone confirm this or has another story.

br. Dirk
DirkWegman
DirkWegman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down