Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elf/Hornet Car Cover

5 posters

Go down

cover - Elf/Hornet Car Cover Empty Elf/Hornet Car Cover

Post  Red Riley Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:07 pm

Has anyone found a source for a car cover that will fit the Elf/Hornet? I might have one custom made if I can't find a decent one that fits. Does anyone have on hand the actual outside dimensions of the car? I'd go out and measure mine and make a pattern, but it's five hours away at the resto shop at the moment.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

cover - Elf/Hornet Car Cover Empty Elf/Hornet Car Cover

Post  Elf Service Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:56 am

Hi
Try CoverCraft Europe, based in London but I believe the company is US owned.
They produce various covers to suit your needs ranging from all weather to simple dust covers for garage use. I purchased a cover which is suitable for outside use but not the most expensive and this works very well, even in heavy rain (Noah grade). These covers are tailored to fit the Booted Mini variant and although not an over tight fit it does the job very well and leaves a little room for air to circulate around and under the car. There are build it eyelets with a stainless steel security cable and padlock to prevent the cover from being stolen. These covers are quality items and don't come cheap but if you don't have a permanent garage, these make a good alternative. The "Noah" material has a soft underside and protects the paint and chrome work. If you have Door or Wing mirrors, the cover comes with additional material and glue kit to accomodate these protrusions. Hope this helps.
Elf Service
Elf Service

Back to top Go down

cover - Elf/Hornet Car Cover Empty Re: Elf/Hornet Car Cover

Post  Red Riley Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:38 am

I park my car in a garage, but it's also my workshop, so I mainly need a dust cover. I'll probably get one of the indoor ones. Of course Covercraft in the USA doesn't have a pattern for the Elf since the car was never imported here. So I'm trying to get the pattern from Covercraft Europe.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:19 pm

My car's parked out on the street, so covered up every night. I use a Tyvek cover (small) which is an OK fit and certainly keeps her dry. It's also breathable so can go over the car whilst still wet if necessary. Excellent value for money in my opinion- currently on special offer over here at Halfords £34.99 - might get myself a spare for when the current one gets too tatty.
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

cover - Elf/Hornet Car Cover Empty Cover

Post  DyNoRod Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:55 pm

I am told that the coverzone cover for the mini van fits a treat!
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:15 pm

elfgirl wrote:My car's parked out on the street, so covered up every night. I use a Tyvek cover (small) which is an OK fit and certainly keeps her dry. It's also breathable so can go over the car whilst still wet if necessary. Excellent value for money in my opinion- currently on special offer over here at Halfords £34.99 - might get myself a spare for when the current one gets too tatty.

I may be interested in one of these, are they strong and long lasting?
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

cover - Elf/Hornet Car Cover Empty Covercraft Covers

Post  Red Riley Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:19 pm

I've got the info for the Elf/Hornet pattern from Covercraft if anyone is interested in ordering from them. The part number for this is C9874, C1 pricing.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  elfgirl Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:38 pm

TONYELF wrote:
elfgirl wrote:My car's parked out on the street, so covered up every night. I use a Tyvek cover (small) which is an OK fit and certainly keeps her dry. It's also breathable so can go over the car whilst still wet if necessary. Excellent value for money in my opinion- currently on special offer over here at Halfords £34.99 - might get myself a spare for when the current one gets too tatty.

I may be interested in one of these, are they strong and long lasting?

Fairly - mine goes on and off every day with no damage. I did treat katy to a new one in the summer, but only coz the other one was a bit grotty underneath from much from the wheels. I did buy one for a friend for his MG, at the same time as my first one, and that's certainly going strong after over a year. It's fairly flexible and get folded / rolled up and stuck inside the front door. If you wanted to keep it covered for long periods then there may be better ones, but this one is so easy that I don't ever think "I can't be bothered"!

The only damage sustained is waxyoyl junk on the securing straps!! Oh and a cigarette burn in the roof, that was the morning I came out and find that someone had left an overturned pint glass on the roof and stubbed a fag out (still left sticking out the cover) - I do live oppposite a pub!! I was not at all pleased - but very relieved that they hadn't gone directly to my paintwork!

Possibly a longer and less helpful answer than you were expecting - sorry!!
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:32 pm

No Thats fine. Thank you
I will have to put my Elf out in the cold soon when I start on Myvanwy, my minivan and the birds in the trees alongside the drive just love using the cars for dive bombing practice. No respect whatsoever ! Mad
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down