Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hornet Bonnet Spear

+2
Red Riley
TONYELF
6 posters

Go down

Hornet Bonnet Spear Empty Hornet Bonnet Spear

Post  TONYELF Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:21 pm

OK folks this actual ebay sale is for a re manufactured Elf Spear, ready for chroming but the seller says he has the mould for making the Hornet Spear in brass for rechroming.Check it out for yourselves

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/wolseley-HORNET-riley-ELF-reproduced-BONNET-moulding_W0QQitemZ270453286307QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ef845a5a3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hornet Bonnet Spear Empty Re: Hornet Bonnet Spear

Post  Red Riley Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:38 pm

The picture of the Hornet one is here: ebay link
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:27 pm

Thanks for that Brian, I missed it!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:44 pm

just seen these and was going to post the link, but as usual i'm behind the times! Laughing

well spotted chaps
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  CamelotR Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:46 am

The guy behind the adv is a bit strange.

I asked him if he has the mould to do these or are they oneoffs. He told me he has only got these... and the next day he put on another Hornet spear... what a surprise...

CamelotR

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:29 pm

He has probably realised he's found a market on the Hornet spears ,he now has at least three of them listed ,all with one bid on each !
If members can obtain one for say £20 or so I am guessing they can have them chromeplated for around £30-£40 That would be a realistic price I guess?
(I have emailed my chromer to see if he will give a price if members are interested and will get back to you if favourable)

Last edited by TONYELF on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : last sentence added)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Big_Al_Smith wrote:just seen these and was going to post the link, but as usual i'm behind the times! Laughing

well spotted chaps

No wonder the buses are always late Laughing Laughing Laughing
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:50 pm

my bus is never late 'cos it always runs on my time! Laughing
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  CJ Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:57 am

I'm b interested Tony

have count the pennys first though

CJ

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:56 am

You will have to save more than a few pennies the way the auctions are going at the moment, silly bids. there must be some desperate Hornets angrily buzzing round without spears,

No spear . No Sting?
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:50 am

Wow! Did you see what that went for? And it still needs chroming done. That's half again as much as the nicely finished Elf spears that Elf Service was making available to us. The listing says that he has more than one. Anyone try to contact him and see what his rate is to just make you one up, and skip the bidding rage?
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:56 am

A case of supply and demand?
Ahh well if people are desperate enough for something?

Brian, your avatar has increased in size for some reason on my screen and is covering part of your thread?
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hornet Bonnet Spear Empty Sad I know!

Post  DyNoRod Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:30 pm

Sad I know, but I am the poor sap that bought two of them! I only wanted the Hornet one, then some arse bid me right up, so I bid on the other just incase I missed the first and somehow ended up with one Hornet and one Elf spear! So if anyone is really desperate you can buy the Elf spear from me for what I paid £50 (fat chance I know) otherwise I will just put it back on ebay.

I really was desperate for the Hornet spear, I have four now, all if which are knackered or come back from chrome in a sorry state!
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:48 pm

TONYELF wrote:Brian, your avatar has increased in size for some reason on my screen and is covering part of your thread?
Apparently I was too proud of that photo, as it exceeded the maximum pixel width. Doh!
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:33 pm

DyNoRod wrote:Sad I know, but I am the poor sap that bought two of them! I only wanted the Hornet one, then some arse bid me right up, so I bid on the other just incase I missed the first and somehow ended up with one Hornet and one Elf spear! So if anyone is really desperate you can buy the Elf spear from me for what I paid £50 (fat chance I know) otherwise I will just put it back on ebay.

I really was desperate for the Hornet spear, I have four now, all if which are knackered or come back from chrome in a sorry state!

It does happen.Never mind. I just hope the finish on them is good to receive a coat of chrome and suggest you have them both done at same time and put the unwanted one bay on the bay with a reserve price to cover your costs obviously. Other wise pop it on the shelf for a while and try later (or keep it for when you get a Elf!)
As yet I have not had a reply from Paul with a price for rechroming these. Rolling Eyes
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm afraid Paul does not do chroming on these unless they are pure brass. His reply is below for your information. You will have to get it confirmed that these castings are in fact brass as stated on Ebay if you would like Paul to chrome them for you (Paul is based in St Helens) Unfortunately he has not quoted a price.

Hi Tony
They sound like they could be a die cast/maizac (zinc based alloy) which can be done but is a different process to mine. You need to coat the casting with a cyanide copper prior to nickel and chrome, but I don't do copper plating. But if they can be cast from brass then I can chrome them and you will get better end results.

Thanks
Paul
Willochrome
http://www.applegate.co.uk/all-industry/willochrome-metals-coating-treatment-0601523.htm

Last edited by TONYELF on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Website link added)
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down