Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine almost finished! Not the bloody body though!

+11
TONYELF
Johnnypoopoopants
asahartz
discoman41
We Are The Mods
Zef
robinkritz1
Red Riley
superworm
Big_Al_Smith
DyNoRod
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Engine almost finished! Not the bloody body though! - Page 3 Empty Re: Engine almost finished! Not the bloody body though!

Post  TONYELF Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:37 pm

I'm guessing he is on the committee. He has an "official" British Mini Club" name badge He was next to me on the "pride of ownership stand at Bingley Hall in 2008. He didn't win, a "trailored" MK1 won that. His seats are shabby. My Elf had more admirers on the day so I was pleased about that. He di not win at Himley this year either. A chap from Derby won with an Elf. Same colours as mine but a MK3 with new seats.....Beautiful.
The owner came to me on my club stand and asked why I hadn't put mine with his. Apart from a dirty engine bay I mentioned about the abovementioned Hornet and he agreed with me.
Up to now I have not bothered to put mine up for concourse and probably never will.
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Engine almost finished! Not the bloody body though! - Page 3 Empty Hornet

Post  DyNoRod Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:20 am

Ha! Maybe I wont bother then, when I ran the L2B we had a few committee that entered cars in the SNS, however the judges were always independant. Its all rather academic anyway, as I have been trying to call them for the past week to book tickets and a place but they dont answer the phone.

Is there anything on this coming weekend (that isnt SMD),,,

Ad
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  DyNoRod Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:31 pm

My replacement dash cards arrived from Newton Commercial this morning, hopefully these will be a better fit, and I can get them in within creasing them and making them look naff! I think they must be a little unsure as to the fit, because they also included a second set (for free) without airvent holes, and with a slightly different profile cut for the centre binnicle!

Fingers crossed!

What are you all up at for bank holiday weekend?

Im doing Blenheim Palace on Sunday and White Horse Show on Monday...

Adam

PS any tips for fittins dashcards?

Re my other post about seatbelt hangers, I got some nice small self adhesive stainless steel hooks - they seem to do the job
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Engine almost finished! Not the bloody body though! - Page 3 Empty Re: Engine almost finished! Not the bloody body though!

Post  asahartz Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:50 pm

discoman41 wrote:Shan't bother entering concours at Stanford now! lol Very Happy

(Actually I wasn't going to anyway because the Hornet that belongs to the guy from British Mini Club always wins - for some reason...... Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

Stanford's not a BMC event though.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:28 pm

True, but there's definitely a case of who you know.... that said his Hornet is immaculate. Smile
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  DyNoRod Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:00 am

Hi All,

Well the Hornet had its first proper outing today, to the Blenheim Palace Classic show - I entered the competition and came second in the 1960's class! Winner was an immaculate Mk2 Jag!

Lots of nice chats with people and lots of nice comments on the car! Tomorrow will be the White Horse Country and Classic car show in Uffingdon.
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  CamelotR Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:40 am

Congratulations!!!

CamelotR

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:20 am

Well Done! Very Happy
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Engine almost finished! Not the bloody body though! - Page 3 Empty Prizes

Post  DyNoRod Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:33 am

Thanks chaps! Weekend was topped off today at the White Horse Show with a a trophy for best car of show! Big silver job that I get to keep for a year, around 120 entries with some very nice cars - chuffed! I will upload some pics

Already done a few on facebook - add me if you want to take alook - smithadm@btinternet.com

DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:15 pm

Very well done Sir! Smile Are you coming to Castle Combe?
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:22 pm

congrats - top banana old chap Very Happy
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:05 pm

DyNoRod wrote:I'm not sure if this counts as a top tip or a warning! However, if you order mats from newton commercial they WILL come with little winged mini logos (you might be able to asked them to not put them on, however I dont know as I didnt asked them, as I didnt know they would come with them on).

Anyway, I managed to peel the mini logos off the mats, but it did leave a nasty mark behind! Sooo, I bought two Wolseley cloth badges from the Wolseley register, and then stuck over the rough carpet where the winged logos had been and it works a treat!

Am I being anal now..... Yes i know!

My mats came naked! (from NC) A very light blue,I was and still am scared to get in without the sacrificail mats for fear of getting them dirty! Shocked
Whole project looks top class Very Happy
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Engine almost finished! Not the bloody body though! - Page 3 Empty Shows

Post  DyNoRod Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:06 am

Engine almost finished! Not the bloody body though! - Page 3 1_bmp10

Engine almost finished! Not the bloody body though! - Page 3 2_bmp10

Next show will be Stanford - that might be more of a test, given your judged against similar cars!!!
DyNoRod
DyNoRod

Back to top Go down

Post  CamelotR Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:42 am

Congrats again!

Realy nice trophy!

CamelotR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3