Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest statisics on minis left on/off UK roads

+4
brooks
paleblue
elfgirl
TONYELF
8 posters

Go down

Latest statisics on minis left on/off UK roads Empty Latest statisics on minis left on/off UK roads

Post  TONYELF Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Members may be interested on the following statistics posted by a fellow miniaddict on my club website.
http://www.miniaddicts.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=29692#post29692
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Latest statisics on minis left on/off UK roads Empty Re: Latest statisics on minis left on/off UK roads

Post  elfgirl Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Very interesting Tony,

By my calculations (please correct me if I'm wrong) that means there's 804 Elfs and 715 Hornets left.
elfgirl
elfgirl

Back to top Go down

Latest statisics on minis left on/off UK roads Empty Re: Latest statisics on minis left on/off UK roads

Post  paleblue Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:30 am

Don't worry, there may be even more minis about.

Some cars are no doubt still in barns awaiting restoration that pre date the sorn declaration.

paleblue

Back to top Go down

Latest statisics on minis left on/off UK roads Empty hi

Post  brooks Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:18 am

mine pre dated the sorn declaration Very Happy
brooks
brooks

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:36 pm

As did my estate; happily and legally unSORNed. They won't even let you SORN them until you can tax them.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:15 pm

asahartz wrote:As did my estate; happily and legally unSORNed. They won't even let you SORN them until you can tax them.
Has this changed ?
I have before me a leaflet which says
"Relicence or SORN online or by telephone.
www.direct.gov.uk/taxdisk
Or telehone 0870 850 4445" Question
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:07 pm

What I was trying to say was, if you have a car that was untaxed at the point when SORN came in, then, because it does not need to be SORNed, they won't even let you SORN it if you ask them. I got a polite letter back from DVLA when I tried to do so. It doesn't come back into the system until you apply for a tax disc.
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  TONYELF Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:52 am

I thought that was was you meant. They have made it so complicated (or awkward )that you have to be a Philadelphia lawyer to work it out!
In fact I would not be surprised if they have made it as easy to what you have explained.
Sometimes when I call at the local DVLA office, to get round having to explain they send you away with leaflets and when you have gone ,start swotting up on what they think they have just tried to explain is correct.
I'm getting confused myself on the issue now and just hope I don't have this bother in the future! Question pirat pirat pirat Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Oh bu**er it .I'm going to bed!
TONYELF
TONYELF
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  discoman41 Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:18 pm

Yep, I have a 1966 Triumph Spitfire under restoration that pre dates the SORN requirements! Twisted Evil

Jase
discoman41
discoman41

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:37 pm

must resist the tempation to go: "achtung, spitfire - ratatatatat!" Laughing
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  psychobob Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:55 am

schnel schnel!!
psychobob
psychobob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum