Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elfie Updates

2 posters

Go down

Elfie Updates Empty Elfie Updates

Post  Bryanthemercman Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Gentlemen it seems nobody has been submitting their projects here for some time so here are mine:
The car was moved to Old Bones Fabrications in Hampshire after the disaster of the work carried out by Severn Classics who I am now seeking a partial refund from for poor "standard of workmanship" missing items and damage on collection.
I have now decided to have the original 10" wheels refurbished and fitted. The rear subframe and rear panels missed will be all new. The Hydrolastic units have been refurbished and along with links, steering and brakes will be all new components. The front subframe has been soda blasted and will be powder coated after some minor repairs. I have ordered a new front panel to establish if there is an issue with the chrome vents sitting correctly and slam panel. The front subframe will also benefit from new mountings as will the rear. The instruments will be reconditioned and upgraded with Magnolia faces to match the re-veneered dash panels upper and lower now in Dark Walnut.
22/11/2017
The work on "Ernie Elfie" continues the whole of the rear floor has had to be replaced along with the wheel arches and what I call rear cubby boxes as patches were found under the underseal that were held in place by silicone? Once the floor is in place the shell will be soda blasted to reveal any other horrors as rust is showing up under the paint. Both subframes have now been assembled with new parts.
This means the whole car will have to be rechecked for previous repairs etc. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Bryanthemercman on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updates)
Bryanthemercman
Bryanthemercman

Back to top Go down

Elfie Updates Empty Re: Elfie Updates

Post  Red Riley Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:34 pm

I must be Mr. Nobody.

Pictures or it didn't happen.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elfie Updates Empty Pictures

Post  Bryanthemercman Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:11 pm

I have posted some pictures please check under "new restoration company" more to follow.
Bryanthemercman
Bryanthemercman

Back to top Go down

Elfie Updates Empty Re: Elfie Updates

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down