Bodywork re work, Space Wanted.

Go down

Bodywork re work, Space Wanted.

Post  Bryanthemercman on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:47 pm

I need somewhere to work on my Riley Elf close to Mitcham in Surrey after I have had the bodywork sorted. If you see my postings you will know that I entrusted Severn Classics to carry out my bodywork restoration but the car came back with several issues and I now have to give the car to another restorer to sort out the issues before I can go any further. The interior trim work has been done to a good standard so this will have to be kept intact.
If any member can help please get in touch via email preferably as it seems I have spent £9,300 for such a poor job.Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Bryanthemercman on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryanthemercman

View user profile http://www.Letmefinduacar.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Bodywork re work, Space Wanted.

Post  boris710 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Glad you have decided to keep it and restore it.
Its always hard finding a restoration company that you can 'trust' to do the work correctly.
A lot of companies, sadly, are just in business to scam as much money as they can leaving the owner with a botched restoration job. ! Evil or Very Mad

boris710

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank You

Post  Bryanthemercman on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:41 pm

boris710 wrote:Glad you have decided to keep it and restore it.  
Its always hard finding a restoration company that you can 'trust' to do the work correctly.  
A lot of companies, sadly, are just in business to scam as much money as they can leaving the owner with a botched restoration job. !  Evil or Very Mad

Hi Boris its been some time since we last emailed each other. I have to decide carefully this time who I can trust with "Elfie" and should I go the whole way and remove the sub-frames and overhaul everything. My other concern is the front panel as the contours don't appear to match the chrome work? I did email the supplier and will be phoning them as I have yet to receive a reply after I sent pictures as requested.
Bryanthemercman

Back to top Go down

Old Bones Fabrications

Post  Bryanthemercman on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:37 pm

To all you forum members Happy New Year. I am pleased to announce that after moving "Ernie Elf" to Old Bones Fabrications in Weyhill, Andover all my worries are over apart from the upcoming court appearance with my previous restorer. Although I am qualified myself to carry out inspections I have had to ask an independent inspector to do this on my behalf. Ernie is currently being shot blasted to make sure there are no more hidden bodges before fitting the remainder of panels.  Crying or Very sad
Since my last blog he has received a new boot floor and a new rear valance is due in the next couple of weeks, New powder coated rear subframe and the front subframe cleaned repaired and also powder coated. The rear cubby boxes and wheel arches have also been renewed.    
I understand that the replacement front panel will be delivered today for checking that the chrome mouldings will fit correctly etc. The engine/transmission is now being detailed ready to go back when bodywork is ready. All the brake lines, fuel lines and suspension lines have been replaced. Brakes and steering systems have all been overhauled as have all the other suspension parts.
I have to start building the wiring loom soon and I have a couple of questions I would like advise on:
1. Should I fit a electronic distributor (123 or similar)?
2. Should I fit a period radio I have from the 60's or I have a Radio/Cassette from the 70's?
The car will be fitted with a tracker.
Bryanthemercman

Back to top Go down

Re: Bodywork re work, Space Wanted.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum