Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REPOSITIONING WINDSCREEN WASHER PUMP

3 posters

Go down

REPOSITIONING WINDSCREEN WASHER PUMP Empty REPOSITIONING WINDSCREEN WASHER PUMP

Post  patanddavid2000 Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:59 pm

I own a 1967 Wolseley Hornet Mk111. I am thinking of moving the windscreen washer pump from the left of the fascia to the right. This I hope will make it easier to activate. The downside is that the water pipes will have to be extended, especially from the bottle which has to stay where it is. Does anyone know if lengthening the pipe will have any detrimental effect on the operation of the pump? Any advice would be appreciated.

patanddavid2000

http://patanddavid2000@yahoo.co.uk

Back to top Go down

REPOSITIONING WINDSCREEN WASHER PUMP Empty Re: REPOSITIONING WINDSCREEN WASHER PUMP

Post  Red Riley Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:00 pm

I can't imagine it would make much difference. Should be easy enough to test and see. Let us know how it goes.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

REPOSITIONING WINDSCREEN WASHER PUMP Empty Re: REPOSITIONING WINDSCREEN WASHER PUMP

Post  boris710 Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:39 pm

The 'mechanical' original type pump should be capable of pushing the washer fluid an extra couple of inches or so and there should be absolutely no issues with repositioning the pump. It may be a good idea to renew all the waher pump pipework while you are doing the job as, from experience, thats where any possible leaks or problems may come from. affraid
boris710
boris710

Back to top Go down

REPOSITIONING WINDSCREEN WASHER PUMP Empty REPOSITIONING WASHER PUMP

Post  patanddavid2000 Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:07 pm

boris710 wrote:The 'mechanical' original type pump should be capable of pushing the washer fluid an extra couple of inches or so and there should be absolutely no issues with repositioning the pump.  It may be a good idea to renew all the waher pump pipework while you are doing the job as, from experience, thats where any possible leaks or problems may come from. affraid

Many thanks for your help. I will let you know how it goes!

patanddavid2000

Back to top Go down

REPOSITIONING WINDSCREEN WASHER PUMP Empty REPOSITIONING WINSCREEN WASHER PUMP

Post  patanddavid2000 Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:10 pm

Red Riley wrote:I can't imagine it would make much difference. Should be easy enough to test and see. Let us know how it goes.

Many thanks for your comments. We will give it a go and see what happens.

patanddavid2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:48 pm

Just FYI, I repositioned my washer pump and bottle about ten years ago. To the back of the shed. This is what I use now. REPOSITIONING WINDSCREEN WASHER PUMP PACE-1254594dt
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  boris710 Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Hahaha! lol!

I use that every now and then but when it rains here (often!) it really rains and the RainX cant cope ! Rolling Eyes

........... and I replaced my 'mechanical' push pump with a 12v Lucas electrical pump fitted in the engine bay to the bulkhead and opperated by a pushbutton switch mounted under the dash. Cool
boris710
boris710

Back to top Go down

Post  patanddavid2000 Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:39 pm

boris710 wrote:Hahaha!  lol!

I use that every now and then but when it rains here (often!) it really rains and the RainX cant cope ! Rolling Eyes

........... and I replaced my 'mechanical' push pump with a 12v Lucas electrical pump fitted in the engine bay to the bulkhead and opperated by a pushbutton switch mounted under the dash.  Cool

Just wanted to let you know that I have repositioned my washer pump under the dash close to the steering wheel. Together with inertia seat belts fitted yesterday I can easily activate the pump. I considered "going electric" but thought I would go the "manual option" to see how it went.

Thank you for all your help

Patricia

patanddavid2000

Back to top Go down

REPOSITIONING WINDSCREEN WASHER PUMP Empty REPOSITION WINDSCREEN WASHER PUMP

Post  patanddavid2000 Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:41 pm

Red Riley wrote:I can't imagine it would make much difference. Should be easy enough to test and see. Let us know how it goes.

Just wanted to let you know that I have repositioned my washer pump under the dash close to the steering wheel. Together with inertia seat belts fitted yesterday I can easily activate the pump. I considered "going electric" but thought I would go the "manual option" to see how it went.

Thank you for all your help

Patricia

patanddavid2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum