Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for hubbies long lost Riley Elf...

3 posters

Go down

Looking for hubbies long lost Riley Elf... Empty Looking for hubbies long lost Riley Elf...

Post  elfhunter77 Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:03 am

Hello,

I am on the hunt for my husband's Riley Elf, he had it when a teenager and spent many hours lovingly hand crafting whatever it needed for its restoration. Having recently come across photographs of it and sharing the story with our little boys we are both left wondering where it is now. It was a stunning yellow colour when it left him, so very distinctive, number plate EDF 788C. It's our tenth anniversary in January and the best present I could give him, short of the car itself,is information on who loves it now. Any help gratefully appreciated. X

elfhunter77

Back to top Go down

Looking for hubbies long lost Riley Elf... Empty Re: Looking for hubbies long lost Riley Elf...

Post  Red Riley Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:41 am

www.cartell.ie  says that reg is on a Wolseley Hornet.

And there's this: https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ which says that it's Red.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Looking for hubbies long lost Riley Elf... Empty Re: Looking for hubbies long lost Riley Elf...

Post  elfhunter77 Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:02 am

Yes it should be on a hornet, sorry shouldn't post that late at night obviously. I did check the vehicleenquiry service, and saw it had been resprayed, not surprised really as I don't think the yellow was original, just my husband's taste at the time. It also said it was untamed as of June 2009 it's obviously tax exempt and was well before 2009. So I take it when they say untaxed they mean it's not currently registered as on the road and hasn't been since 2009. That of course piqued my interest. Has it been taken off the road for another labour of love or has it finished it's roadworthy life?! That is why I took the long shot of asking on here.

elfhunter77

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:37 am

I'm afraid i have no records of it in the club member's list Sad

hope it turns up
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down