Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RETURNED TO MY OLD LOVE - AVIATION - AFTER 50 YEARS :

2 posters

Go down

RETURNED TO MY OLD LOVE - AVIATION - AFTER 50 YEARS : Empty RETURNED TO MY OLD LOVE - AVIATION - AFTER 50 YEARS :

Post  David2010 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:51 am

RETURNED TO MY OLD LOVE - AVIATION - AFTER 50 YEARS : Ng4_i10 RETURNED TO MY OLD LOVE - AVIATION - AFTER 50 YEARS : Ng4-ii10

They say its like riding a bike - you never forget how. Well its true although the planes (like cars) have improved more than somewhat.
I learned to fly back in 1962 at Airwork Services in Perth, Scotland in a two seat De Havilland Chipmunk.
The Czech-built NG4-I two seater in the photo is powered by an Austrian built Rotax engine & though small is (like the Mini Cooper) plenty powerful for
this plane which is built from very light & very strong carbon fibre & kevlar. I enjoyed an hour-long familiarisation flight over county Wicklow &
you can see Wicklow town in the aerial photo. Hope to fly again soon - the weather is perfect at the moment.

Last edited by David2010 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check)
David2010
David2010

Back to top Go down

RETURNED TO MY OLD LOVE - AVIATION - AFTER 50 YEARS : Empty Re: RETURNED TO MY OLD LOVE - AVIATION - AFTER 50 YEARS :

Post  Big_Al_Smith Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:37 pm

looks like fun - good luck to you  Very Happy 
Big_Al_Smith
Big_Al_Smith

https://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down