Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with site crashing when viewing with Windows 7

3 posters

Go down

Problems with site crashing when viewing with Windows 7 Empty Problems with site crashing when viewing with Windows 7

Post  humph Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:45 am

Since the middle of last week the forum page of EHR has been causing internet explorer (latest version) to crash when it opens. Essentially the whole thing locks up and won't do anything until I force IE to close. Internet Explorer is the latest version and operating system is Windows 7.

Anyone else had these problems or similar? Have you solved them?

Have any updates been made to the site in the last couple of weeks that may have caused this? Are then settings I need to change?

This was posted on my works PC running XP. No problems with this machine and the site.

humph

Back to top Go down

Problems with site crashing when viewing with Windows 7 Empty Re: Problems with site crashing when viewing with Windows 7

Post  Red Riley Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Have you tried a newer, dare I say better, browser to see if that's the problem?
Most of the issues I've had from forums crashing browsers is from the banner ads which often carry phishing codes, malware or viruses.
So I always run an adblocker on the browser.
I recommend Firefox or Chrome browsers since IE, as a proprietary property of Microshaft, is more difficult to build plugins for, hence more effective (and free) adblocking plugins are available for Firefox and Chrome.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Problems with site crashing when viewing with Windows 7 Empty Re: Problems with site crashing when viewing with Windows 7

Post  asahartz Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:26 pm

I'm inclined to agree on using Chrome rather than IE; IE has a serious memory leak, and since I run my computer 24/7 and keep the browser open, it has a tendency to grind to a halt!
asahartz
asahartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum