Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wolseley hornet heinz 57

+9
hilbert
TONYELF
Jono_h
CMC
DyNoRod
Big_Al_Smith
Red Riley
Nick
mac
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

wolseley hornet heinz 57 - Page 2 Empty Re: wolseley hornet heinz 57

Post  evosal Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:55 am

No i was looking for a nice condition car to keep, just bought one actually ! The green one i bought to restore but it was not as original as i would have liked, hence im re-selling it.
In the listing i stated that i may end early so dont see the problem ? there are lots of fools on e-bay, bidding just for the sake of it.
Im in the car trade but i deal in lotus's however im very interested in elf's hornets and early minis so if i see one i like the look of i will buy it

evosal

Back to top Go down

Post  Naughty40 Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:53 am

Did it go to Stockport by any chance?

Naughty40

http://www.mini40register.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Toga Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:04 pm

evosal wrote: In the listing i stated that i may end early so dont see the problem ?

As a seller you won't, pulling auctions still sucks when genuine bidders are really interested in the car. You want your cake and want to eat it. If a seller is just going accept the first decent offer he/she gets during an "auction" then why not use a classified listing so interested parties aren't being messed about ? Idea

And the answer for most is... it costs money ! Wink
Toga
Toga

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob S Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:29 pm

I gave evosal a call today. Nice guy enough guy.. Apparently the winners of the first bidding rescinded on the deal. So it got re-listed. E-bay does have a number of policies A) the original buyer is held to his bid by e-bay
Secondly on auction Policy overview

We don't allow our members to use eBay to contact each other to make offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay. Also, members can't use information obtained from eBay to contact each other about buying or selling outside of eBay.

So both buyers and seller breaching policy. Mostly it's not fair on those who do play according to the rules which gives everybody a fair chance.

In the mean time I have collected a owners hand book , a 12 v electric kettle and a workshop manual. Still looking for the correct Brixton hamper, a rug and a car...
Looks like that for now it's back to working my faithful TR4A Smile

Bob S

Back to top Go down

Post  evosal Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:55 pm

E-bay will have a policy or terms and conditions that cover every scenario im sure !
Fact of the matter is they allow people to make a bid them walk away or just not answer e-mails when they win an item, i have had lots of idiots bidding on items then just not responding, eventually it grinds you down, very sorry but when you then get a genuine buyer on the phone offering a price you are happy with you would be mad not to accept, why leave the auction running then have some idiot from Khazakstan or wherever put a winning bid on in the last few seconds.
For your information i also sent a second chance offer to the underbidder of the first auction and they did'nt respond either !!

evosal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2