Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posting Photos on the Forum

2 posters

Go down

Posting Photos on the Forum Empty Posting Photos on the Forum

Post  Red Riley Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:46 am

There are several methods for posting photos on the forum. Here are two ways.

Disregard this first method, as the application has been updated. Go to the end of this post to see the new method.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First way: If you want to just host one image at a time to the forum, go into the Post Reply window by hitting the Post Reply button. Then find the button that says Host an Image when you roll over it with the mouse cursor.  This will let you host pictures at servIMG.com, which is a little free what? Picture hosting site, right.
Then when you have this little window, you use the Browse for Image line to find the picture on your computer, and upload it. Once it's uploaded it will show you several lines of code. Hit the COPY button at the last line and then hit the button that looks like a little photo and paste the code you copied in there.
Posting Photos on the Forum Screen10

Posting Photos on the Forum Screen11

Posting Photos on the Forum Screen12

Posting Photos on the Forum Thison10

Second way: If you have your pictures already hosted somewhere, Google Images, Photobucket, Flickr, etc.
You will normally right click on the picture (have the photo hosting site open in a second window while you're doing all this) then copy the image location, then just hit the little photo button as per the above instructions, just leaving out the first part about the uploading, and paste the code you just copied.
Any less confused now?

Last edited by Red Riley on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Posting Photos on the Forum Empty UPDATED: Image Posting from PhotoBucket

Post  Red Riley Tue May 29, 2012 12:57 am

(It looks like Photobucket has made some changes since I was last there, so disregard this section if it's no longer relevant. I'll eventually get around to updating it.)

I haven't been to PhotoBucket in a while, and it looks like they've made posting from there a bit easier. Here's how.

One photo at a time:
Open the photo. Click on the SHARE button.
Posting Photos on the Forum PB1

Double-Click inside the IMG for bulletin boards & forums box. The link code should turn blue.
Then either Control C to copy or Edit>Copy.
Posting Photos on the Forum PB2

Start a new post. Control V or Edit>Paste to paste the code. Notice that Photobucket puts the bit in for you, so you don't need to use the Insert Image posting icon.
Posting Photos on the Forum PB3

And Bob's yer Uncle.
Posting Photos on the Forum PB4

This is pretty cool if you've got a whole lot of pictures to post.

If you want to quickly post up a whole batch of images all at once, Photobucket has made that a piece of cake.
Do this:

Open the Album where your pictures are in Photobucket. Tick the Select All button, or individually select the lot that you want to post.
Click on Choose Action, then Generate link Codes for all selected.
Posting Photos on the Forum PB5

Click inside the IMG for bulletin boards & forums Full Size box. The whole box will turn yellow and you've copied the lot.
Posting Photos on the Forum PB6

Paste once into the post window on the forum, and there you have it. All your images posted at one swipe.

Last edited by Red Riley on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Posting Photos on the Forum Empty How to upload photo's

Post  ChrisField Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:29 pm

Thanks for posting on how to upload photos to the forum. I'm having trouble doing this despite following your guidelines. Photobucket seem to have had an update and I have trouble doing it the way you've described. Have you used the site recently? and if so any advice on how to do this.

Cheers
Chris
ChrisField
ChrisField

Back to top Go down

Posting Photos on the Forum Empty Updated instructions for using the built-in image host

Post  Red Riley Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:55 pm

I've decided to post an updated instruction for image posting, in case anyone is interested. It's pretty straightforward.
This is assuming you are using a desktop computer. Posting from a mobile device may be different.
Happy posting!

Start or edit a post.
Click on the tiny little "Host an Image" button.

Posting Photos on the Forum Captur10

Click on "+Select Files"  
You also have the option to change the size of images here.
This is a good idea if your pictures are really laaaarge.
Posting Photos on the Forum Captur11

This will open a browser so you can then find your pictures.
You can upload several, but depending on the size, it will only let you do about three at a time.
Posting Photos on the Forum Captur12

"Send All"
Posting Photos on the Forum Captur13

"Insert All"
Posting Photos on the Forum Captur14

"Send"
Posting Photos on the Forum Captur15

Last edited by Red Riley on Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Posting Photos on the Forum Empty Re: Posting Photos on the Forum

Post  Red Riley Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:31 pm

I just checked on my mobile, and it's easy to post from there as well. Just find the camera button when you're in the "Reply" window and from there it's the same as the instructions above.
Posting Photos on the Forum Forump11
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Posting Photos on the Forum Empty Re: Posting Photos on the Forum

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down