Elf/Hornet Register
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED - A USA Based Project Elf for a Race Car- HELP

3 posters

Go down

WANTED - A USA Based Project Elf for a Race Car- HELP Empty WANTED - A USA Based Project Elf for a Race Car- HELP

Post  RileyUSMan Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:49 pm

I want to build an Elf road race car, if anyone knows where a good project car is in the USA, please let me know....

Whats better than 2 Rileys...... 3 Very Happy
RileyUSMan
RileyUSMan

Back to top Go down

WANTED - A USA Based Project Elf for a Race Car- HELP Empty Re: WANTED - A USA Based Project Elf for a Race Car- HELP

Post  pete Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:59 pm

RileyUSMan wrote:Whats better than 2 Rileys...... 3 Very Happy

Being the wrong side of the pond, I can't help. But I do admire your reasoning! Wink

pete

Back to top Go down

WANTED - A USA Based Project Elf for a Race Car- HELP Empty Re: WANTED - A USA Based Project Elf for a Race Car- HELP

Post  Red Riley Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:48 am

Where are you located? (It would help if you'd fill out your forum profile) There are a couple advertised on MiniMania's Forum, but they might not be close to you, or to your budget.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RileyUSMan Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:28 pm

New Jersey, $1000 - $1500 (give or take a few bucks)
RileyUSMan
RileyUSMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:02 pm

That's gonna be a tall order to fill. Problem is that since the Elf/Hornet wasn't officially imported here, there aren't too many rotten cars just sitting around. In fact I might have found the only one. Add to that that the ones that are brought in are pretty well cherished and not going to go for cheap money. Your best bet might be to find someone in UK or NZ with an unloved car to sell and get it shipped over. You might be able to find one cheap, of course it will cost more to ship than it's worth, but you'll end up with less invested than finding a decent one already over here. I have to admit I took advantage of someone who didn't know what they had when I bought the 67 shell that I cut up for a trailer. I doubt I'll ever find another one like that. Good luck!
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RileyUSMan Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:14 pm

Red Riley - I think/ thought you are probably right so I just bought a 1967 Austin America to convert into my soon to be road race car!! I love these little cars!!!
RileyUSMan
RileyUSMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:39 am

Too bad you couldn't just get this one: Hornet Racer. You could just change the grille and make it into an Elf.
Good call on the 1100. Have you seen this yet? Austin 1100 VTEC kit. I really like your Kestrel. If I can ever afford another car I'd like to find one of those.
Red Riley
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RileyUSMan Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:49 am

Red Riley, that Hornet is SICK!!!! I hope I can make a fun Road Race Car out of my Austin! It will be a work in process for a while.

I love the Kestrel, thats the car that started my obsession with these mini cars! My Kestrel and Elf will be maintained and kept pristine and just taken to shows and out for Sunday drives.

The Austin I will kick the SH*T out of.... Twisted Evil
RileyUSMan
RileyUSMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down